Job ID: 38265 | Location: Muttenz, Canton of Basel-Landschaft, Switzerland
The purpose of Clariant Internal Audit is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services guided by the Standards of the IIA and a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations and successfully position Clariant for the digital future. It assists Clariant, as a third line of defense, in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and to improve the effectiveness of the organization's governance, risk management and controls. Internal Audit is guided by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and Clariant Code of Ethics.
As Audit Manager you will help to shape the future by providing independent assurance as the 3rd Line to Management and Board of Directors. You will report into the Head Internal Audit and be based in Switzerland.
- Lead the execution of operational, financial and project audits and reviews (pre-, on-site and post phase).
- Evaluate the risk and internal controls of the audited units and/or end-to-end processes.
- Identify the root causes of audit findings and investigate, analyze and recommend practical solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage knowledge and drive innovation to ensure high-quality, value-adding and digitally enabled audit execution.
- Document audit observations, recommendations and prepare audit reports.
- Communicate the audit results to local and global management.
- Support compliance reviews where required together with Group Compliance.
- Special reviews and assignments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting/finance/business administration.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in audit, controls and risk management.
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience is strongly preferred.
- CPA / CIA qualification.
- Understanding of technology enablers (e.g., controls monitoring, data analytics).
- Good SAP Knowledge (FI/CO).
- Self-starter, ability to proactively problem-solve, identify, advocate for and execute improvements.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and embrace change, thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Managerial courage to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, any other languages are an advantage.
- Regional and global travel up to 40% is required.
- This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for you, you will have a significant impact on the success of our business and our customers' operations.
- Very interesting, varied and challenging scope of work in a global environment.
- Attractive and performance-related remuneration and social benefits.