What you will do
In this role you will contribute to the company’s overall goals and strategy:
- You support product development teams on purchasing issues to reduce purchasing-cost on upcoming projects and make strategic “make and buy” decisions during the innovation and development process aligned with the stakeholders involved (e.g. category and product management)
- You identify, initiate and implement purchasing-specific cost-reduction projects in the development department and take over cost-reduction projects on purchasing components from initialization to successful handover to the category managers
- You identify the most adequate production process for the parts you are responsible for, looking for the best total cost of ownership
- You permanently search for alternative production processes to optimise costs of our parts based on volumes, technicity and manufacturability
- You merge category strategy, procurement strategy and suppliers’ specification with the developed product
- You act as a hub function between engineering, (strategic) purchasing and category managers
- You manage projects in Bulgaria, China, France, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, USA and Taiwan
- You align strategic procurement project targets; break-down those targets and associated project deliverables into an approved procurement plan
- You establish sourcing processes and control all project-related procurement resources and activities
Who you are
To be successful in this role you need the following qualification:
- Technical and /or business degree (BS/BA)
- 5+ years of experience in working in category management, project sourcing, supply chain or development/engineering in an international company
- Very good knowledge of various manufacturing process for mechanical parts, aluminium casting, metal extrusion, machining including costing model of these processes
- Good project management skills
- A cost-focused and profitability mind-set
- Excellent technical aptitude and communication skills
- Able to build and maintain networks and relationships
What you will like about working with us
We offer a challenging and multifaceted position within an international work environment as well as the personal development opportunities of a multinational group.
The position reports to the Global Director Purchasing and is located in Liestal.
If you are interested in what you have read and want to join our team, we would be keen to hear from you and receive your application!