At BioFi we are re-imagining virtual biology by building category defining technology from the ground up. We develop the most accessible and biologically accurate technology to build a first-in-class integrated platform to model, simulate and program biology. And we use our technologies to help solve some of the most difficult biological challenges.
We are a small and committed team at the intersection of biology, computer science and engineering, developing novel virtual biology technologies from the ground up, to accelerate innovation in the Life Sciences.
Our work is highly interdisciplinary, requiring close collaboration with team members. We believe ideas flow more freely and faster in person to person interactions and we therefore strive for 2-3 days of presence at our offices in Basel.
As one of the first members of our new team in Basel, this is a hands-on position in a dynamic environment. You will have real impact from day one.
You main activities will be to transfer our core technology into a state-of-the-art browser based framework. Using this as a base, subsequently develop new, cutting edge tools and features.
- A high level of scientific curiosity, experimentation and practical implementation.
- Cursory knowledge in C/C++ and/or other programming languages
- Background and capability in Linux operating systems, for example ‘Selinux’ and computer security generally.
Nice to Haves
- General interest in the natural sciences, ideally in (cell/molecular) biology.
- The ability to navigate through and work with large data sets, particularly with respect to multi-omics and data integration.