Role + Responsibilities
- As Cost Engineer Sourcing you lead project cost estimations in the early innovation stage, providing crucial projections for informed decision-making.
- You drive sourcing activities for design-to-cost projects, ensuring cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- You conduct detailed analyses and modeling of tools and part costs for mechanical and electronic components, and establish and maintain corresponding cost databases.
- Furthermore you identify and lead Value Added/Value Engineering initiatives to optimize project costs.
- You contribute actively to negotiations with suppliers.
- You take the lead in cost audits to ensure accuracy and transparency.
Qualification + Profile
- You have successfully completed a university degree in engineering and/or a commercial curriculum.
- A professional certification in cost engineering is a plus.
- You possess strong knowledge of cost engineering methodologies with proven experience in related tools within a technical environment.
- You demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with resilience.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills are essential.
- You are a team player with a customer- and objectives-focused mindset.
- The security of working for an international family-owned company
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent pension scheme
- Good work-life balance