to support our ongoing efforts to improve our environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards and reporting to meet regulatory requirements as well as the needs of our various stakeholders.
This global position will make a significant contribution to support the company's sustainability strategy, from strategy to implementation to reporting. Improving ESG data disclosure and transparency by managing data collection and auditing for the publication of our annual sustainability report will also be part of the role.
- Responsible for developing and implementing processes and structures to ensure effective sustainability reporting, including preparing the annual sustainability report, coordinating the collection of sustainability metrics, and ensuring compliance with new reporting guidelines, such as CSRD and EU Taxonomy.
- Establish reliable processes to ensure data quality, to monitor and assess environmental impacts making recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in cross-functional and international teams and working groups to ensure successful implementation and integration of sustainability initiatives.
- Collaborating with managers to develop company-wide sustainability initiatives. Advising on sustainability aspects and providing sustainability consultancy.
- Developing a company’s environmental policies and procedures, including recycling programs, alternative energy use, and water conservation efforts.
- Support efforts to respond to key ESG surveys, ratings and rankings prioritized by the Company specifically as it relates to ESG performance data.
- Conduct research, follow ESG reporting trends and developments in ESG data disclosure landscape, benchmark best practices and provide recommendations on to continue improving ESG data disclosures
We are looking for a person with:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with a positive attitude, strong in time management and close attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, and lead cross-functional initiatives working in multi-functional global teams, in a collaborative environment with an emphasis both on teamwork and individual accountability.
.. to act as a trusted Partner to give advice to stakeholders.
Who brings the following Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Sustainability Management, Business, Finance, International Relations or Economics – with a preference for a Master's degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in sustainability/ESG data management, audit
- or reporting in a corporate setting, sustainability consulting or sustainability NGOs.
- The work experience should focus on sustainability policies / reporting or corporate sustainability (within a consulting firm). Ideally the candidate was previously involved in a project to set up the structures for assessments / ESG reporting, etc.
- Understanding of the global sustainability landscape, including different stakeholders and their interests, reporting and transparency trends and evolving legislation.
- Well-informed about the current sustainability policies, reporting landscape, various regulations/ standards/frameworks (CSRD, Ecovadis, Green House Gases Protocol, GRI, SASB, UN Global Compact).
- Competency / experience in research and data analysis.
- Fluent in German and must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
If this sounds like an exciting challenge and the right next career step for you, we look forward to receiving your application (ideally through our application tool : Öffentlich (jacando.io))